Road Closures and Viewing Information for Trump Plaza Implosion
Next Wednesday -- which just happens to be Ash Wednesday -- the old Trump Plaza hotel and casino in Atlantic City will be imploded. Here's everything that you need to know.
According to the Atlantic City Police Department, the implosion is set for 9AM on Wednesday, February 17th.
The following roads will be closed in Atlantic City from approximately 6AM to 1PM:
- Pacific Avenue east bound will be detoured at Georgia Avenue. Traffic will be sent north to Atlantic Avenue.
- Pacific Avenue west bound will be detoured at Arkansas Avenue. Traffic will be sent north to Atlantic Avenue.
- Mississippi Avenue between Atlantic Avenue and the Boardwalk will be closed.
- Columbia Place between Pacific Avenue and the Boardwalk will be closed.
- Missouri Avenue between Atlantic Avenue and the Boardwalk will be closed.
In addition to those street closures, the Boardwalk and beach between Georgia and Arkansas Avenues will be closed.
Police note that Atlantic Avenue will remain open. Also, if you enter any of the areas that are blocked-off, you will be arrested.
If you wish to view the implosion, one of the best areas with a clear view is from Bader Field. The City will be opening Bader Field, for a small parking fee, as a viewing area that morning. On that day, traffic can enter from between Sandcastle Stadium and Flyers Skate Zone (not the main entrance to the stadium).
Maps of both the exclusion area and of the Bader Field viewing area are available from the Atlantic City Police Department.