Florence Township's Fire Department have a new initiative to save the lives of pets in case of a fire.

This new initiative is a result of a deadly fire in February that claimed the life of a service dog to a combat veteran. Although Buddy, the service dog, was rescued during the fire, he died two days later from burns to his body and severe smoke inhalation, 6abc reports.
North Star Vets now donated the first round of oxygen pet masks and other first aid items to this Burlington County's fire department in honor of Buddy. The plan to donate four more by next month. Watch below from 6abc News:

More From SoJO 104.9 FM