Go Red For Women Free “Heart To Heart” Webinar February 1
Go Red For Women is Friday, February 5. It is a day for us all to wear red to recognize that heart disease is still the number one cause of death in women in our country. To help spread the word, the American Heart Association is hosting a free online session with well-known celebrities and medical experts on Monday, February 1st.
Monday, February 1st, 2021 1 PM ET, NOON CT
- Nancy Brown, American Heart Association CEO
- Tamron Hall, Award-Winning Journalist and Host of Tamron Hall
- Star Jones, American Heart Association National Volunteer
- Svati Shah, MD, MS, MHS, FAHA, Professor of Medicine Duke Molecular Physiology Institute
- Also streaming on YouTube
From The American Heart Association:
The more a woman knows about heart disease, the better chance she has of beating it. The first facts you need to know are very serious: Heart disease and stroke cause 1 in 3 deaths among women each year – more than all cancers combined. Fortunately, we can change that because 80 percent of cardiac and stroke events may be prevented with education and action.
Go Red For Women inspires women to make lifestyle changes, mobilize communities, and shape policies to save lives. United, we are working to improve the health of all women.