13 Ways I’d Spend $50 at Hi Point Pub in Absecon
This week on SoJO 104.9, we're highlighting Hi Point Pub in Absecon. So, I thought I'd give you some mouthwatering ideas on how I'd spend $50 there if I had the chance.
I feel like if you're an Absecon local, or if you frequent Atlantic City by way of the White Horse Pike, you know Hi Point. It's been around forever! And, that's because of the great food and great service.
And, starting Friday, June 26 at 9 a.m., Hi Point is offering you the chance to purchase a $50 gift card for just $25. Yep! HALF OFF! You could use it to buy a round of drinks for friends you haven't seen in a while, or have a dinner date night out on the outdoor patio.
Here are 13 ways I'd spend that $50 myself:
- A round of Sam Adams 'Cold Snap' -- I LIVE for that beer during summertime.
- A bucket of Landshark Lager bottles -- For bottled beer, Landshark is my summer go-to.
- Cheesteak Egg Rolls -- I'm a sucker for these, but Hi Point's are some of the best I've ever tasted. Theirs are served with a Wasabi Ranch Sauce for a little kick.
- Spinach Crab Dip -- If I'm doing a spinach dip with anything other than artichoke, it's the crab version from Hi Point that comes with pieces of toasted garlic bread for dipping.
- Crab Bisque -- And while we're on the subject of crabs, their creamy, crab bisque is worth a cup while you're there and taking a quart to-go.
- Hi Point Fries -- A twist on nachos, these fries are covered in mozzarella cheese, topped with bacon, and served with brown gravy like a South Jersey french fry should be.
- Jumbo Breaded Wings -- My favorite wings ANYWHERE, hands down. They're plump and juicy with the crunchiest coating. I eat them plain because they're THAT good, they don't even need sauce, but if that's your thing they've got a variety of sauces to choose from, including traditional buffalo.
- Veggie Stromboli -- I'm usually just a straight pepperoni and cheese girl when it comes to stromboli, but I can't resist Hi Point's veggie version stuffed with broccoli, peppers, onions, and spinach.
- Breakfast Pizza -- Yep. Hi Point covers breakfast cravings, too. And they're Breakfast Pizza with meat is a perfect hangover cure and 'hair of the dog' companion.
- Cowboy Burger -- Just how I like it, topped with cheddar, bacon, fried onion straws, and homemade BBQ sauce.
- Roasted Beets Salad -- For when I'm feeling a little fancier, I dive into Romaine lettuce, perfectly roasted beets, dried cranberries, Mandarin oranges (the secret ingredient, in my opinion), walnuts, bleu cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette.
- Amy Special -- I live for this chicken sandwich. You can get it grilled, but I like mine fried and topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and honey dijon mustard.
- French Toast Sticks -- I can't eat French Toast any other way. I need to be able to pick mine up like french fries, lol. And, of course, these come with a side of maple syrup for dipping.