Poison Leads to Death of Man, Two Pets in Hamilton Twp. [VIDEO]
Emergency crews responding to reports of a possible gas leak at a home in the Victoria Point development today found one man and two pets dead.
No official cause of death has been confirmed, but 6abc.com reports that officials in Hamilton Township believe carbon monoxide poisoning may be to blame.
Reports of the smell of gas along Fox Hollow Drive prompted a visit from South Jersey Gas workers at approximately 1:30 p.m.
An excessively strong odor was reportedly wafting from one particular home, where authorities eventually found a resident had died along with two animals, according to Press of Atlantic City.
The name of the victim has not been released. An investigation into the poisoning is ongoing.
SOURCE: 6abc.com; Press of Atlantic City