Hoverboard Catches Fire Inside New Jersey Home [VIDEO]
Fire officials responding to an explosion inside a local home on Sunday say it was caused by a charging hoverboard.
The blaze took place at a home in Lanoka Harbor, Ocean County, 6abc.com reports, and has been traced to the popular gadget.
The hoverboard, one of the top requested gifts this holiday season, seems to have caused quite a bit of damage to the home, but thankfully no injuries were reported.
The Lanoka Fire Company warns hoverboard owners to check warranties and recalls and to not leave hoverboards unattended while charging.
The federal government is now investigating 16 different hoverboard fires in 12 different states.