There’s a Ton of Free Stuff To Do This Summer on the Atlantic City Boardwalk
There is absolutely no shortage of fun -- and free -- things to do on the Atlantic City Boardwalk this summer.
If you are musically inclined, you'll want to head to Kennedy Plaza, right in front of Boardwalk Hall, where free concerts will be held every Wednesday evening starting at 7:00, presented by Tony Mart Presents...
- July 18th - Reggae Stars Third World
- July 25th - The Weight Band
- August 1st - Johnny Sansone's "Jersey Gumbo" Starring George Porter, Jr. and John Fohl
- August 8th - John Cafferty & Beaver Brown Band
- August 15th - Shemeka Copeland Band, Chicago's Queen of the Blues
- August 22nd - A.C. Airshow Funkfest Starring Ivan Neville & Dumpstafunk, Remember Jones Tribute To Amy Winehouse
- August 29th - "Mad Dogs & Englishmen" by Remember Jones - Tribute to Joe Cocker, Beatles, Rolling Stones, & Leon Russell
- September 5th - The "Maestro" Taj Mahal
Or if Broadway is more your style, but you don't want to head to New York City, Broadway will come to you! Broadway on the Boardwalk returns to Kennedy Plaza on July 16th and 23rd at 8PM, hosted by "One Funny Mother" comedian Dena Blizzard. This concert series features performances by the current casts of the hottest musicals
- July 16th - music from Anastasia, A Bronx Tale, Summer - The Donna Summer Musical, and Gettin' The Band Back Together
- July 23rd - music from Wicked, School of Rock, Beautiful - The Carole King Musical, and Kinky Boots
There are also three-day music festivals happening all summer, running every Friday through Sunday...
- July 13th-15th - Caribbean Music Festival
- July 20th-22nd - Retro Weekend featuring the 70's and 80's
- July 27th-29th - Reggae Weekend
- August 3rd-5th - Country All Star Weekend
- August 10th-12th - Throwback to the Rat Pack Weekend
- August 17th-19th - International Weekend featuring Irish, Hawaiian, and German performers
- August 24th-26th - Good Ole Rock and Roll Weekend
- August 31st-September 2nd - Farewell to Summer Weekend
- September 14th-16th - Latin Weekend
And, of course, don't forget Miss America weekend -- The Miss America "Show Us Your Shoes" Parade will be on the boardwalk Saturday, September 8th, which is free to watch in almost all locations, followed by the competition on Sunday (which you need to buy tickets for).
Enjoy Atlantic City this summer!