After a dog died from eating something it found on the beach in North Cape May, NJ, Animal Control has issued a warning.

I know, I'm so sorry for the vague details.

According to Shore News Today, Lulu was playing on the beach on Friday and started vomiting after eating something toxic. The two-year-old dog then collapsed and fell into an unconscious state.

After being taken to Ocean View Veterinary Hospital, Lulu passed away five hours later.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any information on what Lulu ate. According to both CBS Philly and Shore News Today reports, Lulu was a healthy dog and also did not swim in the water.

Currently, Shore Animal Control advise dog owners to keep an eye on their pets and walk them on a leash as precaution.

As a dog owner myself, I know we're all pretty careful already. But sometimes we need the reminder.

Here's the video from CBS Philly:

More From SoJO 104.9 FM