You Can Make a Difference With Clean Ocean Action’s Beach Sweeps 2021
Once again, Clean Ocean Action is gearing up to help keep our beaches clean this spring. Volunteers will gather at beaches all over the Jersey Shore with gloves and trash bags to help keep our beautiful beaches clean on Saturday, April 17th.
The COVID-19 pandemic forced the cancellation of the 2020 spring beach sweeps but, over 4,000 turned out to help keep our beaches clean for the 35th Annual Fall Beach Sweeps, according to the Press of Atlantic City.
Save the date for Saturday, April 17th to volunteer for the Clean Ocean Action Beach Sweeps. You must pre-register and you must have a mask. You may be required to take a temperature check at some locations and social distancing will be enforced.
Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own bucket for trash collection to reduce surface contact with Beach Captains.
Thinking of coming out to help? Here are some tips from Clean Ocean Action:
- Dress for the weather
- Wear gloves, sunscreen and closed, hard-soled shoes
- While cleaning, be careful of sharp objects. Don't pick up anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Check in starts at 9 AM on Saturday, April 17th - rain or shine.
- Brigantine - 17th St. South Beach - Brigantine Beach Patrol 17th St.
- Margate - Granville Avenue
- Longport – 33rd and Atlantic Avenue Beach
- Ventnor – Newport Avenue Beach - Community Building Atlantic Ave
Cape May County:
- Avalon – 30th St. West and Avalon Avenue
- Sea Isle City - JFK Boulevard Boardwalk & Promenade - This cleanup starts at 10 AM
- Cape May – Nature Center of Cape May, 1600 Delaware Ave - 2nd Avenue Beach
- N. Wildwood - Hereford Inlet Beach - Gazebo at 1st Ave and Surf Ave.
- Ocean City – Ocean City Music Pier
- Stone Harbor – 95th St. Beach
- Wildwood – Poplar Avenue Beach
- Wildwood Crest - Centennial - Park 6700 Atlantic Avenue
- Villas – Beach at Village Rd. and Bay Drive
Check back for more updates.
These Beautiful South Jersey Sunsets Will Take Your Breath Away
KEEP READING: Here are the best places to retire in America