You Can Make a Difference With Clean Ocean Action’s Beach Sweeps 2019
Once again, Clean Ocean Action will help to keep our beaches clean this Saturday, April 13th. Volunteers will gather at beaches all over the Jersey Shore with gloves and trash bags to help keep our beautiful beaches clean.
According to Clean Ocean Action, more than 10,000 volunteers donated their time in 2018 to help clean our beaches. Over 454,000 pieces of debris were removed at over 60 different locations up and down the coast.
Plastic or foam plastic still remains the most popular items collected. Also, cigarette filters, caps and lids, candy wrappers, bags, beverages and glass pieces.
Here are some tips from Clean Ocean Action: Dress for the weather, wear gloves, sunscreen and closed, hard-soled shoes and be careful of sharp objects.
Here's where you can lend a hand with the 34th Annual Clean Ocean Action's Beach Sweeps 2019 on Saturday, April 13th. Check in starts at 9 AM - rain or shine.
- Atlantic City – South Missouri Ave or New Hampshire Avenue - Gardner's Basin
- Brigantine- 17th St. South Beach
- Galloway – Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge ** Saturday 4/27 at 8 AM
- Longport – 33rd and Atlantic Avenue Beach
- Ventnor – Newport Avenue Beach
Cape May County:
- Avalon – 8th St West and Avalon Avenue
- Sea Isle City- JFK Boulevard Boardwalk
- Cape May – Nature Center of Cape May, 2nd Avenue Beach, Cape Island Preserve
- Cape May Point-Sunset Beach
- N. Wildwood - Hereford Inlet Beach -1st Ave and Surf Ave.
- Ocean City – Ocean City Music Pier ** Saturday 4/27
- Stone Harbor – 95th St.
- Wildwood – Poplar Avenue Beach
- Villas – Village Rd. and Bay Drive