Watch Chris Cornell’s Best NJ Concert Moments
There's lots of broken hearted fans around NJ, mourning rock singer Chris Cornell. For those of us who really cut our musical teeth on the '90s grunge rising, we were fortunate enough to have years of great live shows to see. Through several lineups and various haircuts, Cornell played at a number of venues all across the Garden State.
Many were solo, with Cornell's stunning vocal range giving us chills at the Count Basie Theatre, Starland Ballroom, The Music Box at Borgata or the Wellmont Theater.
Others had us rocking for hours, with Soundgarden or AudioSlave in Holmdel and Camden at the PNC Bank Arts Center and the BB & T Pavilion (in its Susquehanna and Tweeter Center days), respectively.
Whether he was singing his own music or a classic by Led Zeppelin, The Beatles or Bruce Springsteen, Cornell always left concert goers in awe. Here's some choice fan videos at Jersey shows over the years.Thanks for the music, Chris.
1. "Tangerine" (Led Zeppelin Cover) 2011 @ Count Basie Theater (Red Bank)
2. "Outshined" 2007 @ Starland Ballroom (Sayreville)
3. "My Wave" with Soundgarden 2014 @ PNC Bank Arts Center (Holmdel)
4. "When I'm Down" 2011 @ Wellmont Theater (Montclair)
5. "Thunder Road" (Springsteen cover) 2011 @ Music Box at Borgata (Atlantic City)
6. "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" (Beatles cover) 2011 @ Music Box at Borgata (Atlantic City)
7. "Seasons" 2013 Count Basie Theatre (Red Bank)
8. “Black Hole Sun” with Soundgarden 2014 @Susquehanna Bank Center (Camden)
9. "Imagine" 2011 @ Count Basie Theatre (Red Bank)
10. "Say Hello 2 Heaven" 2013 @ Music Box at Borgata (Atlantic City)
Proud Jersey Girl Erin Vogt’s first reporting gig involved her Fisher Price tape recorder. As a wife and momma of two kiddies, she firmly believes that life’s too short to drink bad coffee. A fan of the beach, Dave Grohl and karma, in no particular order.
Follow her on Twitter and on Facebook as ProudJersey.