Philly Couple Arrested By NJ State Police, Seized $2K In Drugs
New Jersey State Police prevailed yet again with a drug bust that yielded a couple of grand in drugs and a firearm this past Saturday night.
State Trooper Justin Dolan had originally stopped the vehicle for a traffic violation on State Highway 42 southbound in Gloucester County when he suspected the driver of DWI.
Police say they discovered Jose Morales-Nieves, 38, and Kimberly Alicea, 24, in possession of 30 grams of marijuana, 15 grams of crack cocaine, prescription legend drugs, drug paraphernalia, and more than $13,900 in cash.
Also in their possession was a loaded 9mm handgun with hollow point ammunition.
The Trooper arrested Morales-Nieves originally for suspicion of DWI. Both were then charged with the following:
- possession of crack cocaine
- possession of crack cocaine with intent to distribute
- possession of marijuana
- unlawful possession of a weapon
- possession of a firearm while committing a drug offense
- possession of drug paraphernalia
- possession of hollow point ammunition
- possession of prescription legend drugs
- criminal under the influence
Both Morales-Nieves and Alicea are from Philadelphia and are currently being held at Camden County jail as they await a bail hearing.