Ridiculous Website Claims these are the Laziest Towns in New Jersey
How exactly do you determine how lazy a town is?
A site called Zippia thinks they've cracked the code and released their top 10 laziest towns in New Jersey.
We used science and data to determine the places in New Jersey that are total couch potatoes.
I love these "studies" that are written by people who have probably never been to New Jersey, let alone in the towns they're speaking of. But I digress.
Zippia used this criterion for their findings:
- Lowest average hours worked
- Shortest commute time
- Fewest workers per household (Labor force divided by the number of households)
- Highest unemployment rate
- Fewest adults with a college degree
Bull. None of the above makes a town or an individual lazy. Toss all of the numbers you want at me.
Let's break it down.
- Lowest average hours worked - many people can't get the number of hours they want or need.
- Shortest commute time - irrelevant.
- Fewest workers per household - Because a 10, 6, and 2 year old are holding down a 9 to 5.
- Highest unemployment rate - Sure, some choose not to work and use the system. Others are struggling and have been struggling to get a gig for quite some time.
- Fewest adults with a college degree - I don't have a degree and I've had a job since I was 12. I've been unemployed for 3 months, that's it. A lot of that is luck, another big part is WORK ETHIC!
Here's the "top" 10:
- Atlantic City
- Penns Grove
- Asbury Park
All of these towns are full of hard-working people who are doing their best.
Zippia, you can suck it.
Some people have had it with Jersey, and here's where they are moving to.