Jv Joe Celebrates National Sunglasses Day Everyday, Do You?
For some June 27th might be just another day, for others it's National Sunglasses Day. And for my dad, it's his birthday, happy birthday to my old man!
Anyway, I LOVE sunglasses. I try to wear them all day, every day, for as long as I possibly can. I have even on occasion been repeatedly made fun of for wearing sunglasses after dark or indoors.
I can't confirm or deny that my actions were or were not under the influence of alcohol, so I'll leave it at that.
I don't know about you but I get so much anxiety when I have to go get a new pair of sunglasses. I have such a weirdly shaped face that I feel like I just can't pick any ol' pair of shades and just buy them.
Believe it or not, I have a checklist that each pair must meet before purchase.
God do I sounds neurotic...
- The glasses can't make my ears look big.
- The glasses have to be more square than round, otherwise my face looks fat...er.
- The glasses must be reasonably priced. Duh.
- The glasses must not have a frame on the bottom of the frame. No nerd frames!
- The glasses need to cover my big, bushy, embarrassing caterpillar brows.
- The glasses must make my face look photogenic.
- I feel better and, personally look better, smiling with shades on.
Once the pair of glasses meet all the requirements on the checklist they can be purchased and I will be one happy camper.
By the way I don't know about you but I try my hardest to keep them clean and scratch free. But somehow, someway, I'll go to put them on one day and they will be a tiny magical scratch on them. Only God knows how it got there and then I feel my day is ruined.
But what about you? Are a sunglasses person? Got a favorite kind of brand you like to show off or are you just willy-nilly and go random?
More from SoJO: