Feeding Tour of Atlantic County Offering Free Hot Meals to Those in Need
There's currently an monthlong feeding tour of the Atlantic County area, offering residents in need a hot meal for free.
It's a safe 'grab and go' experience with Murphy's Chicken N Potatoes spanning four different locations throughout the month of December. You can see a list of tour days, times, and locations below. You can also watch a brief video of the initiative to feed the hungry in our area.
There will be 100 free meals at every tour stop, according to CommunityFeedingTour.com. Meals will be on a first come, first served basis, and masks will be required.
- Wed. 12/9 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at St. James AME Church, 101 New York Ave., Atlantic City
- Thurs. 12/10 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at New Hope Community Center, 301 Woodland Ave., Pleasantville
- Tues. 12/15 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Morning Star Church (The Dome), 2816 Fire Rd., Egg Harbor Twp.
- Wed. 12/16 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at St. James AME Church, 101 New York Ave., Atlantic City
- Thurs. 12/17 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at New Hope Community Center, 301 Woodland Ave., Pleasantville
- Tues. 12/22 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Lincoln Park, 29-55 Buffalo Ave., Egg Harbor City
What an unbelievably selfless thing to do, especially when there are so many more of our local friends and neighbors experiencing food insecurity due to unemployment and the pandemic. Way to go, Murphy's!
More from SoJO 104.9