A Look at Atlantic City’s New Hard Rock Casino By the Numbers
Wednesday's press conference officially unveiling plans for the new Hard Rock Hotel and Casino gave us some detailed information about Atlantic City's new casino on the site of the shuttered Taj Mahal.
Here are some bullet point details about the new Hard Rock, by the numbers...
- $375 Million: price of renovation to turn the Taj Mahal in to the Hard Rock
- 2018: Summer of next year is the target for the casino's opening
- 2012 :The last time a new casino opened in Atlantic City. Revel closed less than two years later
- 17: Acres of the new Hard Rock property
- 2400: slot machines
- 130: Table games
- 7000: Total number of seats in two live music venues
- 1000: Construction jobs expected to be created by the renovation work
- 3000: The number of permanent casino jobs expected to be created
- $86 million: Estimated value of Carl Icahn's Taj Mahal. It hasn't been disclosed how much Hard Rock International actually paid for the property.
Source: Hard Rock International