Ultimate S’mores Ice Cream Cake [RECIPE]
S'mores lover? Me too! The only trouble with the gooey sandwiches is that they're so small! So I found a way to turn my favorite summer treat into a whole cake!
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 cups toasted marshmallow, s'mores or even vanilla ice cream
- 1 (10 ounce) bag marshmallows, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs, mixing well until moistened. Press into an 8 or 9-inch springform pan, evening the crust out with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer to set.
- While crust is setting, heat milk, sugar and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and stir continuously for 20 minutes until fudge sauce is thickened. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove crust from freezer and immediately pour the cooled chocolate over top. Place back in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours.
- About 15 minutes before you remove the crust, take ice cream out of the fridge and allow to softened. Once soft, press and spread on top of the fudge sauce - don't worry, it may mix together a bit! Not a big deal. Smooth ice cream top and place back in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or even over night.
- Before serving, toast marshmallows as desired. Place them on a baking sheet under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, then removed with a spatula. Remove cake from freezer and sprinkle ice cream top with half of the remaining graham crumbs, then top with marshmallows.
- Freeze for another hour or so, then sprinkle with remaining graham crumbs. Serve and prepare to get messy! Feeds 6.