Large thick smoke is something you definitely don't see or hear about in Margate.  It was certainly a  reality last night. 

 

 

A fire destroyed a two story home in Margate last night.  The house was located on the 100 block of North Jefferson avenue.

 

The terrifying part wasn't just the burning house, but the heat from the fire.  The heat was beginning to melt the siding on neighboring homes, and could have started other fires.

 

The residents of the home also were scared of the power lines, which were near the second floor, and also had caught fire.

 

The Margate Fire Department did their best to save the home, but the flames were too large.  A current investigation is taking place to find more answers.

 

Everybody who lived in the home has been accounted for, and no injuries were reported.