Corn on the Cob Cupcakes Perfect for Weekend Parties
These treats are festive, seasonal, and sweet! More than that, they're perfect for your holiday weekend bbq's, and super easy to craft!
'Hello, Cupcake' author Karen Tack conjured up these adorable Corn on the Cob Cupcakes!
This recipe that I found via MarthaStewart.com makes 24 cupcakes or 8 'corn cobs'.
- any store bought Vanilla Frosting
- Yellow liquid food coloring
- 24 Vanilla Cupcakes (you can use store bought cake food mix), baked in white paper liners
- 3 1/2 cups small yellow, cream, or white jelly beans, such as Jelly Belly
- 4 pieces yellow fruit chews, such as Laffy Taffys or Starbursts
- 1 tablespoon black decorating sugar
- 1 tablespoon white decorating sugar
- 8 sets of corn holders (optional)
- Color the frosting pale yellow with food coloring.
- Working with 3 cupcakes at a time, frost cupcakes with yellow frosting. Arrange 5 rows of jelly beans, close together, on each cupcake. Place the 3 cupcakes side by side on a corn dish or serving platter to resemble an ear of corn. Repeat process with remaining cupcakes, frosting, and jelly beans.
3. Cut the fruit chews into eight 1-inch squares. Soften the edges slightly by hand so that they look like melted butter.
4. Place 1 square on top of each ear of corn.
5. Sprinkle with sugars. Insert a corn holder in the end of each ear of corn, if using. Serve.