Animal Welfare Association Hosting Day of Doggy Fun in Hopes of Donations
Get your best friend out of the house on Saturday, May 18th! The Animal Welfare Association of New Jersey has a day of family-friendly/dog-friendly planned as AWA celebrates its 65th birthday, and strives to raise donations to care for homeless pets.
Does your dog like to chase bubbles or bob for hot dogs? AWA’s Paws and Feet is only weeks away. It is a full day of fun at no cost.
You can put your best foot, and your buddy can put his best paw, forward and walk for the animals! It's the annual Doggie Fun Day Saturday, May 18th from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Cooper River Park in Cherry Hill for the AWA's Paws and Feet 5K Run/Walk. This year the Animal Welfare Association is hoping to raise $100,000. Plus, there will be games for you and your pup, and prizes for the day's top fundraisers!
- Doggie Agility Ring
- Canine Candy Land Corner – area bakers are competing to win. Your dog samples. You both vote.
- Hot Dog Bobbing
- Canine Crafts – painting with your dog
- Custom Canine Bar with Bark-tinis drinks
- Monster Doggie Soccer
- Doggie Massage, Spa, nails and hair
- Bubble Chasing
- THE JERSEY DISC DEVILS AND THEIR HIGH FLYING K-9 ATHLETES
- Philly Working Dog demos
- Best Costume
- Best Kisser
- Peanut Butter Lickin'
- Musical "Sit"
- "Cookie Balance"
- "Go Wild and Freeze"
- 6-Legged Races . . .and More!
- The AWA RACES – A route of fun, maybe muddy, maybe dry, challenges for all ages.
- Police Working Dog Demos
- Photo Booth
- Dunk Tank
- Raffle Baskets
- Kids' Crafts – decorate a cat collar, make pet enrichment, design a doggy bandana, and more.
- Lego-animal Construction
- Informational Workshops by area experts
- Leah's Caricatures & Face Painting
- House Paws Pet Ambulance
The AWA's mission? The Animal Welfare Association (AWA), a private, nonprofit organization, operates the oldest and largest low-cost spay/neuter clinic, adoption center and no-kill animal shelter in South Jersey. Through a variety of innovative programs including adoptions, veterinary services, pet therapy, trap-neuter-return and humane education, they strive to ensure that animal companionship is accessible to all.
Donations drive lifesaving services.
How can you help?
- $15 (pays for 2 vaccinations)
- $50 (pays for routine medical care & spay/neuter for 1 pet for 2 weeks)
- $100 (pays the electric bill for 2 days!)
- $500 (pays to save a life of an ill and medically needy dog)
Why are your donations so important?
- You'll help Paws and Feet to make its $100,000 goal so they can provide care to 2,000 adoption pets that will need you this year!
Why does the AWA need YOU?
- AWA needs people to sign up and come out for the day. The more that share, come, pledge, bring others, the more vendors will come next year, more people will notice, more will come in 2014, and soon they can make this the most amazing doggy and charity event in South Jersey.
If you love the fur, meows, slobber, a woof and snuggle then give!
IT"S ALL FREE – And there's no registration fee for those not racing in the run…help!
All teams who raise $500 or more will be invited to participate in the AWA Games and compete to take home the coveted "Golden Bone." Team Photo Sessions for all teams that raise $300 or more in front of AWA's runway banner.