10 Great South Jersey Places To Take Mom On Mother’s Day
From filling our baby bottles to slaving over holiday meals, moms are always whipping up something good to eat.
This Mother’s Day, I’d like to suggest ten of my favorite area eateries guaranteed to make mom happy she took some time for herself! Make it a Mother’s Day she’ll remember!
1. Gilchrist Restaurant (locations in Galloway and Atlantic City). Mom will love this hometown breakfast and lunch joint for two reason. Pancakes and Blueberry Pancakes! The fluffy flapjacks are thin but as big and round as the plate. Light enough to make mom believe they’re better than any pancake she could ever make in her own kitchen!
2. Angelo’s Fairmount Tavern in Atlantic City. Hands down the best Italian cuisine this side of the Atlantic Ocean. That’s what keeps the locals (and even some celebs) coming back over and over. Try the gnochhi, homemade chianti, and banana cheesecake!
3. Continental (Pier Shoppes at Caesars in Atlantic City). A super vibey, sexy atmosphere will put mom back in touch with her cool side! Share tapas, and sip on champagne cocktails in the lowest, most flattering lighting in all the land. Mom will be totally relaxed after her visit. Oh, don’t forget to suggest the lobster wasabi mashed potatoes!
4. Carluccio’s Coal Fired Pizza in Northfield. Not a lot of scratch to really splurge on mom? Go simple and low key by introducing her to the best coal oven pizza in Jersey. You can smell the dough baking from the time you approach the intersection of Tilton Road and Route 9! Pizza options are endless offering every topping you could imagine! But the margherita sicilian is unparallelled.
5. Pop Shop (Haddon Ave., Collingswood). Mom grow up loving a classic malt shop? The Pop Shop satisfies! Featuring on Food Network, even master chef Bobby Flay is a fan! Mom can order from an endless array of grilled cheeses, malt shakes, and more! Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
6. Cosmopolitan (Delsea Drive, Vineland). This restaurant and lounge also boasts a bakery! They serve an incredible brunch on Mother’s Day complete with mimosas! It’s swanky and lively for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just cocktails! Try the baked scallops, they’re crunchy and meaty.
7. Ventura’s Offshore Cafe (Shore Rd., Northfield). Brick oven pizza and a menu chock full of variety, Ventura’s offers lots for mom to choose from! The cozy atmosphere will keep her feeling relaxed even for a quick bite. Take the whole family to celebrate with a pizza pie big enough for a feast! Also, I love the coconut shrimp appetizer and the salmon and spinach tortellini salad!
8. Renault Winery (Bremen Ave., Egg Harbor City). These beautiful vineyards offer several restaurants and they also offer a gorgeous Mom’s Day Brunch that’s too good to miss! The landscape and feeling of being hidden away will make mom feel truly special!
9. Norma’s Eastern Mediterranean Restaurant (Barclay Farms Shopping Center, Rt. 70, Cherry Hill). 10 course meal, belly dancers, and the chance to try something new! From yummy cucumber yogurt soup, to classic and authentic falafel and hummus, mom will be surprised at how you thought outside the box for her special day!
10. Wolfgang Puck American Grill (Borgata Hotel, Casino and Spa, Atlantic City) White truffle and bleu cheese ribbon potato chips and wild mushroom risotto cooked to perfection. Need I say more? You might even get lucky and leave with a Wolfgang sighting! He tends to pop up on special occasion!