Gamer Con Hits South Jersey This Weekend
Get those thumbs ready! Gamer Con is happening this Saturday and Sunday in South Jersey.
If you or someone you know is glued to a gaming controller, you'll want to hit up Crowne Plaza in Cherry Hill this Saturday, June 7th and Sunday, June 8th.
New Jersey Gamer Con hopes to unify gamers in the community, according to it's founder Jerry Colonna. In a recent press release, Colonna states “I wanted to build a convention that focused on bringing the local gaming community together, while also providing a fun, safe and open atmosphere for everyone to enjoy, from ages 1 to 91."
It sounds like the whole venue is going to be set up like a giant, air conditioned living room which, in the summer heat, sounds like paradise.
Here are some of the fun activities planned for NJ Gamer Con:
- an expanded version of a popular feature the 24-hour free-play arcade featuring new and retro gaming consoles
- tournaments for "Super Smash Brothers" and "Mario Kart 8" enthusiasts
- prizes, including a chance to appear in a Cartoon Network commercial
- a cosplay costume contest
- tabletop games
- a vendor marketplace
- an opportunity to meet special guests
Tickets are $20 for one day and $30 for a weekend pass, not including online fees. Kids ages 10 and under are free with each paid adult admission.
More from SoJO 104.9