Atlantic City Rail Line Suspended 4 Months for Upgrades
Time to look for alternate routes.
Starting Wednesday the Atlantic City Rail Line has been will be closed for a few months for safety upgrades.
Except the line to be closed for at least four months. NJ Transit will be installing positive train control, which can help prevent derailments and collisions. In order to accommodate the public for the next few months, NJ Transit is set to expand local and express bus service, along with discounted fares to and from Philadelphia.
The following alternate transportation options are available:
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 340 Lindenwold Atlantic City Express Shuttle
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 340 Cherry Hill - Pennsauken - WRTC Shuttle
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 417 Pennsauken Transit Center - 30th St. Station Philadelphia
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 555 Avandale Park-Ride - 30th St. Station Philadelphia
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 551 Express
- All NJT bus routes serving Center City Philadelphia from Walter Rand Transportation Center (WRTC) in Camden
For the complete list of options and other notes about the closure click here.
More from SoJO: