Who Was Jenni Rivera? [VIDEO]
- Jenni Rivera sold more than 20 million albums worldwide.
- Her nickname was ‘La Diva de la Banda’.
- Rivera was recently named one of People En Español‘s 25 most powerful women.
- Rivera became the first female Banda artist to sell-out a concert at the Gibson Amphitheater in Unviersity City, California. She was also the first artist to sell-out two back-to-back nights at the LA’s Nokia Theater.
- She was a teen mom. Her first husband was convicted in 2006 of molesting their eldest daughter and a female family member.
- The star was married 3 times. Her latest marriage to professional baseball player Esteban Loaiza ended in divorce just this year.
- She had a popular reality TV show. I Love Jenni aired on Telemundo’s mun2 documenting the singer’s jet-set life as an entertainer and mother of five children. It also featured her publicist, lawyer and makeup artist, who were all on the plane with her.
- Earlier this month, ABC tapped Rivera to star in her own show. The self-titled comedy, Jenni, would feature her as a strong, middle-class, single Latina woman working to raise a family using unique parenting skills.
The Learjet carrying the 43-year-old performer lost contact with air traffic controllers after it took off from Monterrey, Mexico, at 3:15 a.m. Sunday following Rivera’s concert there. Contact was lost about 60 miles away, Gerardo Ruiz Esparza of Mexico’s transportation ministry said in a statement. It was scheduled to arrive in Toluca, outside Mexico City, before sunrise.