The Most Misunderstood Song Lyrics Ever
“Excuse me while I kiss this guy.” Huh? Jimi Hendrix sang that? Not quite.
He actually sang “Excuse me while I kiss the sky.” Yes, misunderstood lyrics can be quite confusing at times, but in the end, still quite hilarious.
Here are some other confused lyrics that I have personally found myself singing:
Taylor Swift ‘Blank Space’: Gotta love these Starbucks lovers, they’ll tell you I’m insane.
SIA ‘Chandelier': I’m gonna fly like a BURP in the night. Feel my teeth in the light
Magic ‘Rude': Saturday morning, jumped out of bed, put on my BEAR suit.
More Taylor Swift ‘Shake it off': Bakers gonna bake, bake, bake, bake, bake
Spotify.com also conducted a survey to find out the songs they most commonly hear other people singing incorrectly and from those answers assembled a list:
1. “Wrapped up like a douche/when you’re rollin’ in the night.” The correct lyric: “Revved up like a deuce/another runner in the night.” Artist: Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, “Blinded by the Light”
2. “Excuse me while I kiss this guy.” The correct lyric: “Excuse me while I kiss the sky.” Artist: Jimi Hendrix, “Purple Haze”
3. “Rock the Cat Box” The correct lyric: “Rock the Casbah” Artist: The Clash
4. “Hold me closer, Tony Danza.” The correct lyric: “Hold me closer, tiny dancer.” Artist: Elton John, “Tiny Dancer”
5. “There’s a bathroom on the right.” The correct lyric: “There’s a bad moon on the rise.” Artist: Creedence Clearwater Revival, “Bad Moon Rising?
6. “Take me down to a very nice city.” The correct lyric: “Take me down to Paradise City.” Artist: Guns N’ Roses, “Paradise City”
7. “Animal!” The correct lyric: “Panama!” Artist: Van Halen, “Panama”
8. “Like a cheese stick.” The correct lyric: “Like a G-6.” Artist: Far East Movement, “Like a G-6″
9. “Don’t go, Jason Waterfalls.” The correct lyric: “Don’t go chasing waterfalls.” Artist: TLC, “Waterfalls”
10. “I blow bubbles when you are not here.” The correct lyric: “My world crumbles when you are not near.” Artist: Macy Gray, “I Try
What other lyrics have you misunderstood? What did you sing, and what was the song actually singing? Feel free to comment below…..