Mainland Regional High School in Linwood, N.J. was evacuated this morning following a chemical vapors leak that send several students to the hospital.

Chlorine chemical vapors leaked from the school's swimming pool area according to school employees and reports by NBC40.net.

Several students were taken to an area hospital as a precaution following reports of fumes at 9:30 a.m.  By 11 a.m. the entire student body had been sent home . NBC40.net reports police, fire and other Atlantic County emergency vehicles responded to the scene.