Whether you like butternut, acorn, or spaghetti squash, these nutrient dense vegetables should definitely make it to your table this October.
- Did you know butternut and acorn squash, as well as pumpkin, are packed with Vitamin A?
- Try roasting the squash with a little honey for a sweet treat!
- Use the strands from roasted spaghetti squash as a low-carb substitute for pasta!
- Switch up your carbohydrate for dinner, and add squash to your soup instead of potatoes.
- Don’t waste the seeds! Roast them with a hint of cinnamon for a protein and fiber packed snack!
- Cut an acorn squash in half, stuff it with a quinoa and vegetable mixture and bake it for an easy fall dinner!
- Add butternut squash or pumpkin to your favorite chili for some added sweet flavor.
For more free, healthy tips, contact me, Ashley Bannister, the in-store dietitian of Shop Rite of Hammonton & Landis.