Make a Shamrock Shake at Home! [PHOTOS]
My favorite lifestyle blogger, Emily Schuman of CupcakesandCashmere.com, and I must be on the same page this month. We both can't get enough of McDonald's famous Shamrock Shake. Luckily Emily is saving me a trip to the drive thru with her minty recipe to make the treat at home!
Homemade Shamrock Shake recipe from CupcakesandCashmere.com:
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream (my favorite is Three Twins)
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- 2 dashes of mint bitters (optional)
- Green food coloring
For Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a blender, combine all shake ingredients and process until thick and fully incorporated. Pour into glasses and stick in the freezer.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream until medium peaks form. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
3. Remove the shakes from the freezer, top with whipped cream, and garnish with mint sprigs.