Congress Less Popular Than Lice and…Nickelback? [POLL]
Following the Capitol Hill fiasco of nearly falling of the ‘fiscal cliff’, a new survey finds Congress is less popular with the American public than vermin, and well, a few celebrities.
Public Policy Polling sought to learn just how Congress stacks up against about two dozen things that Americans are typically not fond of, including Brussel sprouts, lice, and even Lindsay Lohan. The politicians lost at every turn:
- Americans prefer Brussel sprouts to Congress by 69 percent to 23 percent.
- Head lice get the nod over Congress by 67 percent to 19 percent.
- Colonoscopies also beat Congress by 58 percent to 31 percent.
- Root canals are easily more favored, 56 percent to 32 percent.
- Cockroaches are vile, little creatures but seemingly not so vile as congressmen, winning that head-to-head competition, 45 percent to 43 percent.
- Donald Trump edges out D.C. lawmakers by 44 percent to 42 percent.
- Rock group Nickelback gets higher marks than Congress, 39 percent to 32 percent.
- The Capitol Gang beats Lindsey Lohan, 45 percent to 41 percent, the Kardashians, 49 percent to 36 percent and Fidel Castro, 54 percent 32 percent.
- Congress even winning easily over the STD Gonorrhea, 58 percent to 32 percent.
So how do YOU feel about Congress? Are they really worse than Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian? Take today’s poll!