He was always a hero and a special person in his family's eyes, but this just now proves it.

A fire broke out in Cherry Hill Sunday morning and one child alerted his family to wake up after seeing smoke in his bedroom.

The scene of the fire was at Signal Hill Road near Cropwell Road in Cherry Hill. When the child first saw the smoke he knew what to do. He rushed to wake up his family and other sibling and get them out of the house. Everyone eventually made it out of the house safely.

No cause yet on what started the fire in the first place, as police are still investigating.

In what only took 30 minutes, firefighters were able to get the fire under control and extinguished.

Source: 6abc

More from SoJO:

Sign up for the SoJO 104.9 Newsletter

Get the best of SoJO delivered to your inbox every week.