Contact Us
Community

Community

Facebook
Facebook
[

Diva In A Dark World–How I’m Surviving My First Blackout

Friday night I was jolted awake, like many others, by the loudest crack of thunder I had ever heard.  I rolled over to see flashes of lightening shining through my bedroom window like someone flicking a light switch on and off over and over.  That's when I heard the fans stop and my alarm clock go black.  The power was out.  And so began my first official blackout as a new homeowner, and all of the lessons that come with it.

Read More

tree-on-house-630x4721
[

Your South Jersey Storm Center

A violent storm sliced through South Jersey early June 30th, leaving thousands without power. Trees were toppled and power lines were downed as Atlantic County was thrown into a State of Emergency

Read More

Storm damage in a Linwood neighborhood (YouTube)
Storm damage in a Linwood neighborhood (YouTube)
[

Share Storm Pics on Twitter & Follow Live Feed

Wild, nasty storms rolled the the region overnight, causing wide-spread damage and power outages. If you snapped some unbelievable images, we want to see them. Upload your picks or send them through Twitter -- use #acstorms

Read More

a-s
Anderson Sotomayor (photo courtesy of NBC40)
[

Five DUI Vineland Man Skips Court Today – Warrent Issued for Arrest

Action News on 6ABC has reported that the Vineland man who was charged with drunken driving five times during a five-week period was a no show today in court.  A warrant is out for Anderson Sotomayor for his immediate arrest.

Read More

blueberries
dunn4k / flickr
[

Feel The Love of Blueberries on Sunday

The mere idea of blueberries have visions of deliciousness running through my head.  There is only one place to indulge your love of the juicy blue fruit, and that would be at "The Blueberry Capital of the World" this Sunday.

Read More

hoagiefest
wawa.com
[

All Hail The Return of “Hoagiefest”

You may not think that a sandwich would get people excited, but the annual celebration of the Hoagie from Wawa has truly become an event to be hold, and the proof was there to be seen on their Facebook page.

Read More

Category: Community Tags: ,
wild turkey
Vickis Nature / flickr
[

When Wild Turkeys Go Wild – Town in Terror

What happens when Wild Turkeys attack...............sounds like a great tag line for some kind of bizarre horror film, but for one New Jersey town the horror is real..................not to the level of a movie, but enough to force a public hearing.

Read More

hqdefault34
[

Mainland HS Seniors Stage Graduation Flash Mob [VIDEO]

The Class of 2012 at Mainland Regional High School in Linwood, New Jersey have done it again. Seniors treated parent, friends and faculty to a flash mob performance during yesterday's graduation ceremony proving once again that creativity is not something this class is lacking.  This latest video is the perfect sequel to the school's incredible lip dub video we showed you last week!

Mainland Regional High Takes Over School Hallways With Lip Dub

Read More

blueclaw
courtesy of National Aquarium in DC
[

Rare Blue Claws Found Outside Lakewood (Way Outside!)

The picture you see here is an actual Blue Lobster.  This rare specie that exists among 1 in every 2 million lobsters - and you thought the closet you would come to seeing a Blue Claw was Lakewood!?!?!

Read More

samirakhan, Flickr
samirakhan, Flickr
[

What Do Your Shoes Say About You?

The house you live in or the car you drive may say a lot about you, but according to new research, your shoes could actually reveal volumes more.

Read More

Category: Community, News Tags:
Nicole Thomas -- SoJO Facebook Fan of the Week [6/11 - 6/17]
[

Nicole Thomas — SoJO’s Facebook Fan of the Week [6/11 - 6/17]

We want to say hello to our Facebook Fan of the Week, Nicole Thomas, of Marlton.

You can become our Facebook Fan of the Week by "liking" SoJO 104.9 on Facebook!!!

Read More

Jerry Sandusky arrives for court on the first day of his trial (Patrick Smith/Getty Images)
Jerry Sandusky arrives for court on the first day of his trial (Patrick Smith/Getty Images)
[

Sandusky Arrives For 2nd Day Of Sex Abuse Trial [VIDEO]

Jurors in Jerry Sandusky’s child sex-abuse case are expected to hear more testimony from the former Penn State assistant coach’s alleged victims in the second day of the high-profile trial.

Read More

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://sojo1049.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on SoJO 104.9 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on SoJO 104.9 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!