Bridgeton Man Wakes Up To Find Leg On Fire – SoJO Stupid Citizen
In Bridgeton, a man woke up to find his leg on fire after a night of drinking in his car. You won't believe his explaination!
He later told police that he believed someone else had set him alight as he snoozed!
According to NJ.com, Chief Mark Ottt noted that the officers had not bothered to ask if the man smoked, which could have been a possible cause of the small blaze. When asked if he could think of any other instances in Bridgeton during which people had complained of being set on fire as they slept, Ott could not recall any.
Come on Chief--dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported. :)