A Salute To “The Most Interesting Man In The World” [VIDEO]
As we may raise a Cerveza to salute Mexican heritage and pride for Cinco De Mayo, one beer comes to mind for one of the most memorable character in commercials today - he is "The Most Interest Man In The World"!
Dos Equis (which in English is Two X's - just like the company logo) has been a popular Mexican beer since its inception just before the beginning of the 20th Century (the XX was to embrace the turn of the century). The height of Dos Equis success in Mexico was the 40s and 50s, while here in America the beer has reached a new high in popularity and sales - thank the man that is now an internet legend.
"The Most Interesting Man In The World" commercials bring interesting facts about this legendary man who has lived quite a life, and can have any beer but always chooses Dos Equis. The commercials are some of the funniest on TV today. Check out one here:
You may enjoy a few Cervezas this weekend, but please Drink Responsibly, and enjoy these little known facts about "The Most Interesting Man In The World":
- He lives vicariously through himself.
- He once taught a German shepherd to bark in Spanish.
- He never says something tastes like chicken – not even chicken.
- He’s been known to cure narcolepsy, just by walking into a room.
- He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels.
- His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man’s entire body.
- Even his enemies list him as their emergency contact number.
- He’s a lover, not a fighter, but he’s also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
- When it is raining, it is because he is thinking of something sad.
- He once brought a knife to a gunfight, just to even the odds.
- He is left-handed. And right-handed.
- If he were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there.
- He has amassed an incredibly large DVD library, and it is said that he never once alphabetized it.
- He is the life of parties he has never attended.
- The police often question him, just because they find him interesting.
- He once punched a magician. That’s right. You heard me.
- If a monument were built in his honor, Mt. Rushmore would close… due to poor attendance.
- His blood smells like cologne.
- His organ donation card also lists his beard.
- On every continent in the world, there is a sandwich named after him.
- He doesn’t believe in using oven mitts, nor potholders.
- If he pats you on the back, you would want it on your resume.
- His cereal never gets soggy. It sits there, staying crispy, just for him.
- The pheromones he secretes have been known to affect people miles away, in a slight but measurable way.
- If he we're to punch you in the face, you'd have to fight off the urge to thank him.
- He owns three sports cars and rents five.
- He has won the lifetime achievement award...twice.
- He once brought in $13 million at a charity bachelor auction, which was a lot of money at the time.
- He can speak fluent French ..... in Russian.
- This is The Most Interesting Man In The World!