10 Stupid Questions I Get Asked About New Jersey
I have friends from all over the country, and when we get together every-so-often to catch up, they inevitably ask me one or more of these 10 stupid questions about New Jersey.
1. What exit are you from?
A: Har har har! You've heard that one, eh? (ahem...parkway exit 42)
2. Does New Jersey really smell as bad as people say?
A: North-East Jersey does, yes. South Jersey and the rest does not.
3. I have a relative in New York, do you know her?
A: Oh yeeeaaaahhhh...I know herrrrr.
4. Why do you live in New Jersey?
A: Gee, I don't know. Why do you live where YOU live?
5. Is everyone in New Jersey in the mafia?
A: Not necessarily...
6. Why don't you sound like you're from New Jersey?
A: Not all people from New Jersey sound like the Sopranos.
7. New Jersey is the Garden State?
A: We have a lot of farms in South Jersey
8. You have rodeos in New Jersey?
A: Yep, the longest running pro rodeo in the USA.
9. New Jersey has a beach?
A: No, we don't have A beach...we have A LOT of beaches.
10. Why are you wearing an Eagles/Phillies hat?
A: South Jersey is basically a suburb of Philadelphia.
Here is another question that has to do with New Jersey. It can only be asked and answered by someone from the state...