10 New TV Shows I Can’t Wait to Watch
The only thing that doesn’t make me mourn the end of summer, of fall TV season! I can’t wait to add new favorites to my lineup and guess which shows will be axed first. Here are 10 I can’t wait to watch.
1. MOM starring Anna Faris and Allison Janney (premieres Monday, Sept 23 at 9:30p, CBS)–A daughter tries to maintain her sobriety while living with her wild mother in this new comedy from Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre.
2. HOSTAGES starring Toni Collette and Dylan McDermott (premieres Monday, Sept 23 at 10p, CBS)–Drama about a family being held hostage in their own home.
3. THE GOLDBERGS starring George Segal (premieres Tuesday, Sept 24 at 9p, ABC)–Sign me up for anything that goes back to the 80′s and a time before blogs, trophies for showing up, and peanut allergies.
4. TROPHY WIFE starring Malin Akerman, Bradley Whitford, and Marcia Gay Harden (premieres Tuesday, Sept 24 at 9:30p, ABC)–Malin plays the third wife of her husband, played by Whitford, and the chaos that ensues when she has to deal with two ever-present ex-wives.
5. LUCKY 7 (premiering Tuesday, Sept 24 at 10p, ABC)–This drama will ring familiar for Jersey’s recent Ocean 16 lottery winners. The series follows a crew of gas station employees in Queens, N.Y. who hit it big when they go in on a lottery ticket together.
6. BACK IN THE GAME starring Maggie Lawson and James Caan (premieres Wednesday, Sept 25 at 8:30p, ABC)–An all-star pro softball player hits the skids and is forced to move back in with her dad, played by Caan, and coach little league baseball. Also stars little Griffon Gluck who I loved so much as Mason on Private Practice.
7. THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW starring Michael J. Fox (premieres Thursday, Sept 26, NBC)–Heee’s baaaacck! Fox returns to TV comedy as Mike Henry, a news anchor who puts his career on hold to spend more time with his family after he is diagnosed with, you guessed it, Parkinson’s disease…a battle Fox faces every day in his real life.
8. THE CRAZY ONES starring Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar (premieres Thursday, Sept 26 at 9p, CBS)–Williams and Gellar play the father and daughter team behind Roberts + Roberts ad agency in Chicago who band together to keep from being ousted by board members. The comedy features Kelly Clarkson in the debut episode, and is co-produced by David E. Kelly, the man who made hits of NYPD Blue and Ally McBeal.
9. BETRAYAL (premieres Sunday, Sept 29 at 10p, ABC)–This heart-pounding drama is perfect to follow Revenge on Sunday nights, and tells the story of two lovers world’s colliding. When there’s infidelity someone always gets hurt. Think sex, love, and loyalty.
10. REIGN (premieres Thursday, October 17 at 9p, CW)–Wonder if Lorde’s ‘Royals’ will work its way into this intoxicating tale of young Mary Stuart who in history would go on to become Mary Queen of Scots. The series will take us through Mary’s teen years and her arranged engagement to Prince Francis of France. Think Gossip Girl meets Dangerous Liasons.